SM Legacy - Feature disabled by default for Privacy

SOLVED
Firebits
Conversationalist

SM Legacy - Feature disabled by default for Privacy

I can no longer access the Command Prompt or Remote Desktop on a new network.  Instead, I receive the error "This feature is disabled by default for user privacy. This can be enabled under the 'Feature restrictions' section of the general settings page."  When I click on the link to General Settings there is no Feature Restrictions section.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Firebits
Conversationalist

Found it!  Systems Manager > General > Feature Restrictions > Disabled features.  The message that comes up names this as under Privacy which does not show as this on SM Legacy.  All working again **phew!**

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Roska
A model citizen

You´re using the free 100 SM licenses offer still? I suggest a move to a paid subscription.

Firebits
Conversationalist

SM Legacy does all I need it too, and the quotes I've had For Meraki are double what I'm getting elsewhere for what Legacy is sufficient for.  

Roska
A model citizen

Interesting, having worked with various MDM providers Í really feel Meraki is really good price / features ratio in the market. Would be nice to hear what you´re needs are and what vendors have you evaluated.

Nevertheless the Free 100 program has been discontinued two years ago already.

https://meraki.cisco.com/support/#policies:smfree100

Hope you get your issues fixed.

Firebits
Conversationalist

I wasn't actually ever on the Free 100, I've been using it for so long it was in pre subscription days!  Still, jumping up from £0 to £6,500 per year is going to take some justification.

Firebits
Conversationalist

Found it!  Systems Manager > General > Feature Restrictions > Disabled features.  The message that comes up names this as under Privacy which does not show as this on SM Legacy.  All working again **phew!**

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels