Renaming Systems Manager Client Devices with a .csv [ISSUE]

SOLVED
KB_UA
Here to help

Renaming Systems Manager Client Devices with a .csv [ISSUE]

Hi

I trying to use the tutorial for renaming 100+ names to serial numbers of devices Renaming Systems Manager Client Devices with a .csv and Meraki API using Postman Runner - Cisco Mera...

And after doing all steps, I receive every request same error:  502 Bad Gateway

the PUT line:

{{baseUrl}}/networks/{{networkId}}/sm/device/fields?serial={{serial}}&deviceFields={"name":"{{name}}"}

the CSV file looks exactly like the template (2 columns serial and name)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KB_UA
Here to help

The solution in this article is correct -  Solved: Re: Trouble Renaming Devices via Postman - The Meraki Community.

The reason why it wasn't working was in the Renaming Systems Manager Client Devices with a .csv and Meraki API using Postman Runner - Cisco Mera...

There is an error in step 4: 

KB_UA_0-1666690632869.png

should be devices not device

Works in both api v0 and v1

v0 - UpdateNetworkSmDeviceFields

v1 - Modify the fields of a device

So make sure to check your path (don't be silly as me) and change the body like in solved topic.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try with API v1 instead v0:

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-latest/#!get-network-sm-devices

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi

The same issue with API v1 as with API v0, I can access the sm devices list, but I need to change names to the serial number.

I also tried the solution from this article Solved: Re: Trouble Renaming Devices via Postman - The Meraki Community

And still get the same error, what can be wrong?

KB_UA
Here to help

I've also noticed that error 502 changes to 400 when I remove the host from headers, is there anything that I can change in this setting?

KB_UA
Here to help

The solution in this article is correct -  Solved: Re: Trouble Renaming Devices via Postman - The Meraki Community.

The reason why it wasn't working was in the Renaming Systems Manager Client Devices with a .csv and Meraki API using Postman Runner - Cisco Mera...

There is an error in step 4: 

KB_UA_0-1666690632869.png

should be devices not device

Works in both api v0 and v1

v0 - UpdateNetworkSmDeviceFields

v1 - Modify the fields of a device

So make sure to check your path (don't be silly as me) and change the body like in solved topic.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels