New Community user

SOLVED
WalterDe
Here to help

New Community user

Morning Everyone,

I'm using the Meraki system manager MDM software supporting iPhones, my question is:

Is there a way to block application from begin installed by the users if its not pushed from the MDM?

If i review the software section i see apps that are install and the only way to uning stall them is for the device 

to be in my hands.

Thank you in advance

WalterDe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Haydn
Getting noticed

Systems Manager > Settings > (Click existing profile (Or create a new one)) > Add Settings (If not already added to the profile) > Restrictions

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

If the device had the apps installed before you managed/supervised them you cannot control it unless you have         SM enterprise. To also answer the second question yes you can do that by disabling the App store in MDM settings.

Here is an example.

Capture.PNG

Enthusiast

I don't see the path to verify that setting,
How did you get to that screen ?
Haydn
Getting noticed

Systems Manager > Settings > (Click existing profile (Or create a new one)) > Add Settings (If not already added to the profile) > Restrictions

Haydn
Getting noticed

The documentation is good if you are new to SM or Meraki in general, give the SM documentation a read here

Can i ask another question,

Is there a way to force location services to always stay on ?

Thank you everyone

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Managing_Systems_Manager_Location_Servi...

According to that I don't believe so, but I believe you can set a policy that if there is no check in it loses connection or disables connection.

I don't think there is for iPhones due to the privacy settings recently pushed to them. Which allows a user to block people from tracking them. It's mentioned in the Meraki help

"Forcing GPS Location

Due to Apple end-user privacy restrictions, it is not possible for EMM vendors to force GPS location on iOS devices without user notification, nor is it possible to permanently lock location services to be enabled.

The one exception to this is using 'Lost Mode', which can be found in the MDM commands on the Client Details page. Lost Mode forces location services on, while disabling all other functionality on the device. This can be used as a tool to remediate non-compliant users who are blocking location service requests from Systems Manager."

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels