Multiple Profiles - How to Enroll a Device

Solved
SergioRodrigue
Conversationalist

Multiple Profiles - How to Enroll a Device

Good morning,

In the company I work for, we have several Android mobile devices, totalling 60 units. Not all of them need the same configuration, so I have created two profiles. The issue arises when enrolling a device, as it automatically adds to the default profile and does not allow me to choose the desired profile. Is there a way to enroll a device and specify which profile I want it to install? Currently, what I do is enroll with the default profile and then change the profile in the device settings later.

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can change the profile after the device has been enrolled.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuration_Profiles

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can change the profile after the device has been enrolled.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuration_Profiles

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In the past when I have had quite different device needs - I have actually created separate Systems Manager networks.  For example, BYOD and Corporate.  I find it makes some of the policies easier too.

Then you can use two different enrollment URLs/QR Codes, etc

SergioRodrigue
Conversationalist

Hello. Thank you for your response.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels