Moving to Meraki MDM

lbrown13
Conversationalist

Moving to Meraki MDM

We are currently moving to Meraki MDM from our other MDM solution. We have several devices that were in the old solution that were not supervised. Moving them to Meraki, they still show unsupervised. They are in Apple Business Manager and it syncs with Meraki, but they still show unsupervised. I thought it was in Apple Business and ADE, it would be supervised. 
Any clarification and suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
ekramer
Getting noticed

If you haven't already, you'll need to wipe and reset these devices.

lbrown13
Conversationalist

Thanks! I tried that with 1 device but it still remained unsupervised. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the devices were not originally purchased through Apple or an authorized reseller, they might not be eligible for DEP, which could be why they’re showing as unsupervised. You can manually supervise these devices using Apple Configurator.

Supervised Devices in Meraki Systems Manager - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks! They are in Apple business manager, and it syncs to Meraki. 

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I did, support told me to use Apple Configurator.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In your Meraki dashboard if you go to Systems Manager > Manage > ADE can you see the device if you search for it using its serial number? If you can see if you should be able to simply Assign Settings using the buttons at the top of that table on the page.

If you don't see the device in this list either its not loaded into ABM or you haven't assigned said device to Meraki Systems manager MDM.

DM me if you like I have a lot of experience with Apple devices and MDM's. 

Thanks! I have messaged you. 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels