Meraki Display App - looking to obtain a Managed App Configuration specfile

Solved
PIRO
Conversationalist

Meraki Display App - looking to obtain a Managed App Configuration specfile

Hello all, we are setting up the AppleTV app - Meraki Display using JAMF and looking to push the credentials for login of the app to the specific devices and it looks like we need to utilize AppConfig Generator and a "specfile" that should be provided by the developer.

My understanding is this is going to be a PLIST file that we can modify with our credentials and upload.

Has anyone dealt with this before and have access to this "specfile" or the .plist file for the Meraki Display AppleTV app?

1 Accepted Solution
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Whilst this should be in the MV forum, I can answer

There's two things that need to be adopted by the MV Vision app to support fully automated deployment

1. managed app config

2. Silent auth

Both are being worked on currently, but auth is proving to be much more difficult (as cert auth is not something that has traditionally been supported by Meraki Dashboard). 

So, watch this space, and we'll have something soon.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think that approach would work because of MFA.

PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Whilst this should be in the MV forum, I can answer

There's two things that need to be adopted by the MV Vision app to support fully automated deployment

1. managed app config

2. Silent auth

Both are being worked on currently, but auth is proving to be much more difficult (as cert auth is not something that has traditionally been supported by Meraki Dashboard). 

So, watch this space, and we'll have something soon.

PIRO
Conversationalist

Thank you for the update Paul this is very helpful. We have a ticket open with support and the tech has been working hard to try and give us a solution. We also started working towards an alternative solution by utilizing the Meraki iOS app with a "read only" login to only view cameras and saving the credentials to the iPad Keychain and locking down to one app mode. The issue there again is that we can not push the credentials to the iPad still, we are having to manually enter them prior to installation. 

Certainly happy to see there is a something in the works. What would be the best way to be informed of this update once available?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Let me me mention the word OAUTH ...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels