Meraki Agent and Profile update/refresh on supervised device

Solved
Rachel1
Conversationalist

Meraki Agent and Profile update/refresh on supervised device

I have a laptop that has stopped communicating with Meraki Systems Manager. I've tried reinstalling the Meraki Agent and Systems Manager profile, but it won't accept either because it claims to be managed. It's enrolled via ADE and our default settings have been pushed to it.

How can I get it communicating again, without a complete erase and reset?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution
KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Rachel1 

If you pushed the profile as removeable then you can remove it from the device and then try to reinstall it without the need to Factory reset. If you pushed a non-removable profile then a Factory Reset is likely needed here

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ekramer
Getting noticed

In my experience then either the signing certificate on the profile was replaced, in which case you'll have to either restore the updated correct certificate in Meraki or wipe the machine and re-enroll with the new different certificate, or the agent has just gone so far out of date that it cannot update itself.  There is an uninstaller for the agent available under the Systems Manager > Add Devices that can uninstall the agent before you attempt to install the most up-to-date agent.

Note that you will need to restart the device between uninstalling and installing, again.

Finally, it is worth checking and confirming that your network is working correctly for other devices.

KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Rachel1 

If you pushed the profile as removeable then you can remove it from the device and then try to reinstall it without the need to Factory reset. If you pushed a non-removable profile then a Factory Reset is likely needed here

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
Rachel1
Conversationalist

Thank you for your replies 🙂 I did try uninstalling the agent, restarting and reinstalling, but I just got the message about the device being managed.

The profile was not removable, so yes, I have erased and set it up again.

I think the issue was, as ekramer suggests, the signing certificate has been updated in the system, so ultimately it's better to have it erased and reset with the new certificate.

Happily, our deployment profile takes care of a lot of the fiddly stuff, so setting up the new user account will be a snap!

Cheers

Rachel

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels