Legacy version of Systems Manager showing devices as offline even when connected.

Padfoot
Comes here often

Legacy version of Systems Manager showing devices as offline even when connected.

Many of our computers, both desktops and laptops, have started showing as offline in Systems Manager even though they are online. I am currently using my laptop and it is showing as offline in the dashboard. I also, installed the agent on 3 new computers last week and they aren't showing up in our device list at all. 

I have tried downloading/installing a new windows version of the agent to my laptop; but it still shows offline. 

It is effecting both devices that have been connected for years and ones that have recently had the file installed.

5 Replies 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's possible the shard your dashboard is hosted on it having problems. Have you added any SM licenses to your organisation recently as this will over ride the legacy version. 

Hi. We have our networking equipment on a separate organization to not interfere with the legacy status.

Thank you for taking the time to help

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Under Systems Manager/General have you got the agent version set to something recent?

PhilipDAth_0-1684702712756.png

Hi. The agent version was set to 3.0.2   I changed it to the latest version. Then I downloaded the installer and tried to run the Repair option on my laptop; but it is still showing offline in the dashboard. 

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Padfoot
Comes here often

UPDATE: This past week, I installed the current agent version on a new computer. It showed up in the device list and came online. I went back to my laptop, uninstalled the agent version, removed my laptop from the organization, and reinstalled the current agent version. Now my laptop is showing up in the devices as offline with a message of "Client synchronization is not yet complete." It has been a couple of days and it is still not connecting or showing as online.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels