Issue with Apple AirPlay and casting

SOLVED
Stuart2
Conversationalist

Issue with Apple AirPlay and casting

Hello,

I work in a number of schools and one of the schools uses AirServer on the Teachers PC to allow casting from iPads to computer to be display on the projector for the children to see.

The teacher was complaining that this was not working - was just getting a black image cast to the PC.

I tested on the teacher's iPad and all was working OK. They they pointed out that it was from the childrens iPads and he was correct.  The only difference is that the student iPads are managed by Systems Manager while the teacher iPad is not.

I have looked through all the restrictions and can not see any that might be interfering with AirPlay.

Has anyone got any thoughts? Is this likely to be a System Manager issue or could it be something else entirely.

I only get to spend around 3 hours a week at the school so it has hard to resolve issues like this.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stuart2
Conversationalist

As I was posting this I realised that there was one other difference between the teacher and children iPads! Childrens were running iOS 12.1 whilst the teacher was on something older! Quick check and saw a post from AirServer saying that they now support iOS12 so updated the AirServer app on the PC and all working fine.

So wasn't Systems Manager causing the problem

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Stuart2
Conversationalist

As I was posting this I realised that there was one other difference between the teacher and children iPads! Childrens were running iOS 12.1 whilst the teacher was on something older! Quick check and saw a post from AirServer saying that they now support iOS12 so updated the AirServer app on the PC and all working fine.

So wasn't Systems Manager causing the problem
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels