Invalid Profile iOS DEP

SOLVED
CBOE
Here to help

Invalid Profile iOS DEP

Is anyone else having issues today configuring new iOS/iPadOS devices with Meraki + DEP?  We are getting "connection lost" messages and "invalid profile" messages when stepping through the setup, specifically when at the remote management screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey all, I just wanted to throw an update that this is resolved as of Wednesday September 22. As soon as this happened it was noticed by our developers and quickly resolved. Impact should have lasted 1-2 hours on Wednesday September 22. Any devices currently stuck on the iOS/macOS setup assistant "Remote Management" screen will likely need to be factory reset, so the device can pull down a new configuration again. 

Thanks to everyone who reported this here and to support. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
R2B2
Here to help

Yep. Having the same issue. Unable to add devices from a Mac as well, gives a "Cloud configuration server is unavailable or busy."

Mark24
Getting noticed

We are seeing the same issues all of a sudden

DjShroll
Getting noticed

Also seeing this in our environment, roughly 40 iPads all providing variations on Remote MGMT profile installation failure...

swinters
Conversationalist

Same issue here.  "invalid profile" no matter when.  Tried DFUing the phone twice.  

GregGalico1
Here to help

Same behavior for me. Also unable to communicate with any iPad from the devices page. 

I'd say Meraki is having an outage or Apple APN cert issue?

Appears to be a Meraki SM issue, as I'm a member of a bunch of other MDM sys forums and nobody using a different solution seems to be experiencing issues.

Also wanted to point out that devices are not able to verify their enrollment status when we open the Meraki SM application as well.

Yes, we just noticed that too on our other already enrolled devices.  Thanks for verifying that.

DjShroll
Getting noticed

No problem. 

Anybody here have Android devices in their environments? None of the ones I manage have registered any communications/connections to the Meraki SM instance since 8:11 AM CST. Might be more of a global Meraki issue than an iOS specific issue, but I'm unable to verify due to some extenuating circumstances with our Android deployments.

CBOE
Here to help

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  I am glad we are not the only ones with the issue.  I opened a case with Meraki.  I am hoping they fix this ASAP, as we are at a standstill... Any Meraki Engineers lurking on these forums to get this escalated? 

lhommedl
Here to help

We are experiencing the same trouble here as well. Started around 12:00pm EST for us.

Profile installation Failed

The SCEP server configuration is not supported

denise_g
Conversationalist

Yes, we're having the same problem here.

plschfr
Conversationalist

My iPads appear to be connecting now.

CBOE
Here to help

Meraki replied to my ticket:

Thank you for contacting Cisco Meraki Technical Support.

This is currently a known issue that Meraki developers are working on.

I will update you with the status shortly.

GregGalico1
Here to help

Communication has been restored for my network

GregGalico1
Here to help

Still can't enroll a new iPad via DEP Erase/Setup.  SCEP server returned an invalid response

On iPads that are already enrolled - I can communicate with iPads in devices and the Meraki app says the iPad is enrolled and compliant

I was having the same trouble and just restored the iPad again and that seemed to do the trick.

I'm able to confirm that this appears to be resolved for us as well

iOS devices which had been enrolled prior to today are now sending and receiving updates from Meraki

the Meraki SM application now is confirming enrollment status correctly

the ~40 iPads we're setting up at the moment all seem to be taking the Management profile

Thanks everyone!

Edit: Still have one iPad that is giving us the SCEP server returned an invalid response error....

denise_g
Conversationalist

This issue has resolved for us as well.

DaveDB
Conversationalist

YES!  Seeing the same thing here (Chicago area).  I have had a support ticket open with Meraki for two days now to no avail.  Cannot enroll new iPads, keep getting SCEP server error messages.

Every time I call,  I am on hold for 45-60 minutes before I can speak someone.  And then that person is pretty much powerless to the issue.

VERY FRUSTRATING!

Meraki enrollment errorV2.jpeg

Sorry you are still having the issue!  It was resolved for us yesterday...

DaveDB
Conversationalist

Resolved how?  Did you have to do anything, or did it all of a sudden just start working again?

For the majority of the iPads (39/40) my team was deploying during this outage the issue was resolved without our intervention, we simply backed out of the error screen and advanced past the "Remote Management" screen again, and the enrollment/management profile downloaded successfully.

For the one iPad that we still can't get to cooperate the error continuously appears. I'm going to try unassigning it from the MDM server in ABM, adding it back in, and restarting. I'll let ya'll know if that has any effect.

Sorry to blow up your inboxes ya'll, but that attempt at clearing the SCEP error from the one iPad we're still seeing it on by removing it and re-adding it to the MDM server was unsuccessful. I'm still waiting on a Meraki Support response, but will keep ya'll posted

Hey all, I just wanted to throw an update that this is resolved as of Wednesday September 22. As soon as this happened it was noticed by our developers and quickly resolved. Impact should have lasted 1-2 hours on Wednesday September 22. Any devices currently stuck on the iOS/macOS setup assistant "Remote Management" screen will likely need to be factory reset, so the device can pull down a new configuration again. 

Thanks to everyone who reported this here and to support. 

SAtech
Here to help

Jan 10, 2022. Same issue.

Re-provisioning an iPhone which was previously already enrolled in Apple Business Manager, got the same error. Profile cannot be downloaded.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels