How to move network from one template to another

SOLVED
jomfra
Comes here often

How to move network from one template to another

Hello Expert,

I have several networks that are bind to template 1

How can i move one of the network ( cricketers) from template 1 another existing template (template 2)

I would like all the access points  and users configuration under the cricketers  to move seamlessly to template  2.

I humbly request any expert assistance.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulMcG
Getting noticed

Going from one template to the other is simply unbinding the network from template 1 and then binding it to template 2.  This can be done under Organization->Configuration templates and selecting the template to unbind and then bind.

The actual changing of templates is pretty straightforward, but how seemless this will be for end users depends on how each template is configured, as well as the network upstream of the APs.  If everything is in place, vlans, DHCP servers, etc. it should be pretty smooth.  This can all be looked at and planned ahead of time to minimize any impact during the actual switchover.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaulMcG
Getting noticed

Going from one template to the other is simply unbinding the network from template 1 and then binding it to template 2.  This can be done under Organization->Configuration templates and selecting the template to unbind and then bind.

The actual changing of templates is pretty straightforward, but how seemless this will be for end users depends on how each template is configured, as well as the network upstream of the APs.  If everything is in place, vlans, DHCP servers, etc. it should be pretty smooth.  This can all be looked at and planned ahead of time to minimize any impact during the actual switchover.  

jomfra
Comes here often

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the guidance I will arrange a suitable time to do the actual switchover.

Regards 

jomfra
Comes here often

Hello Paul,

i move the network to the template do I have to reauthorize all the users  that use the this network ?

Regards  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels