How do you setup Meraki settings in a way that prevents personal Apple ID logins?

Dubl_D
Conversationalist

How do you setup Meraki settings in a way that prevents personal Apple ID logins?

Greetings,

I've spoken with an Apple Business solution advisor as I find it annoying that when you have DEP devices and Managed Apple ID's configured in ABM that you cannot check a setting so that only MAID's can be used to sign into Apple on the DEP devices. With that obvious feature missing, I am trying to setup iPads via Meraki MDM settings in a way that would solve this problem. Apple Business support told me that with Meraki MDM I should be able to completely skip (I am expecting it to not prompt for) the Apple ID sign in process (during iOS initial setup and later on in iOS settings). This would work I guess but not sure what setting/s I need to check/uncheck in the settings for this group of iPads. Once I think I had the appropriate settings set I reset my test iPad but was still getting prompted to sign in with an Apple ID during the initial setup.

1 Reply 1
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Firstly, you'll need an ADE profile that skips AppleID. That's Done through Systems Manager > ADE > Enrollment Profiles

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 08.52.56.png

You can then create one which skips the various AppleID settings. You'll need to assign this to your device(s) and then set them up

You can then go to Systems Manager > Settings, create a new profile and add a Restrictions payload to it, and deselect Account Settings

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 08.56.19.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels