Disable location tracking in meraki systems manager

Solved
Odysseas
Here to help

Disable location tracking in meraki systems manager

Hello,

I'm currently setting app Systems manager for an organization and a need came up to completely disable device location tracking. I haven't been able to find any specific option in the dashboard but while enrolling an android device in BYOD mode I can see that the user needs to manually give permissions to location. If he doesnt a warning comes off but the rest seem to work ok. I wanted to know if this is the only option to avoid device tracking and also how can I achieve this in windows since its IP based.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution
Odysseas
Here to help

I found a similar post that had the answer! Sorry for posting before searching the forum. Here's the answer for anyone wondering:

Privacy and Lock

Supported on: iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows

Privacy options will allow/prevent Systems Manager from displaying SSID or location information for devices in scope of the profile.

The Lock options control the behavior of the Activation Lock feature on supervised Apple devices. Enabling 'Allow Activation Lock' will allow end users to use Activation Lock in the 'Find My' app with their personal Apple IDs.  Enabling 'Allow MDM Activation Lock' will automatically send a command to Apple to enable Activation Lock on a DEP-enrolled device. The command will enable Activation Lock on target devices using the Apple ID of an Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager administrator.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Odysseas
Here to help

I found a similar post that had the answer! Sorry for posting before searching the forum. Here's the answer for anyone wondering:

Privacy and Lock

Supported on: iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows

Privacy options will allow/prevent Systems Manager from displaying SSID or location information for devices in scope of the profile.

The Lock options control the behavior of the Activation Lock feature on supervised Apple devices. Enabling 'Allow Activation Lock' will allow end users to use Activation Lock in the 'Find My' app with their personal Apple IDs.  Enabling 'Allow MDM Activation Lock' will automatically send a command to Apple to enable Activation Lock on a DEP-enrolled device. The command will enable Activation Lock on target devices using the Apple ID of an Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager administrator.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels