Device Owner Mode and Samsung Cloud

AYWE
Conversationalist

Device Owner Mode and Samsung Cloud

Hello,

Does anyone know how to enable Samsung Cloud on a device in Device Owner Mode? I have a few Samsung devices (S8+, Note 8), and even when I whitelist all system apps, Samsung Cloud is simply missing from the devices when I set them up in Device Owner Mode. 

I've been trying to keep these devices fairly close to stock, while still reaping some of the benefits of MDM. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is Samsung cloud an actual app? Do you think you could find its ID?

It may be that it is being caught by some other restriction.

AYWE
Conversationalist

Samsung Cloud is baked into the OS. I found two apps associated with it, and when whitelisting them didn't work to bring it back, I tried with a blank blacklist, and it still isn't there. To my understanding, a blank blacklist should be the same as a stock device, but I keep running into "missing" features.

I am attaching two screenshots of the settings page: the stock/standard setup device has "Cloud and Accounts" as an option, where the Device Owner device only has "Accounts" - the cloud functionality is simply missing. Oh, I guess I can't attach an image or file to this message? That's surprising and disappointing. I'll PM them to you if I can.

The two package ID's I was able to find were com.samsung.android.slinkcloud and com.samsung.android.scloud. 

Thanks for your help! I might end up just not using Device Owner mode for now, but that is a last resort.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels