Cant upgrade to Agent 4.2.2 cause of a ghost install.

SCrab
Conversationalist

Cant upgrade to Agent 4.2.2 cause of a ghost install.

I have a user that the Endpoint Agent isnt working on. I dont see the computer reporting to the System Portal in weeks. So i have them reinstall the app. it errors out. So i though, how about a new version? Old version was 4.0. new is 4.2.2. Everything is smoot until it says "the older version of Cisco Meraki Endpoint Agent cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

Its not in the program files (windows 11). ITs not even in the registry. Ive had them restart the computer too.

Any ideas before i put in a support ticket with Cisco?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's probably a bug, so the best option is open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
SCrab
Conversationalist

Thanks for the feedback. I'll just do that. 🙂

BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

Are you sure it isn't in the registry? We've had this happen before and had to search the registry and delete ALL Meraki related keys.

BHC Resorts IT Department
SCrab
Conversationalist

Not 100% sure. I was doing a quick comparison between my reg and the effected computer. Ill take another look and see where else its hidding.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels