Cannot create work profile

stevenwhiting
Getting noticed

Cannot create work profile

We have a Samsung tablet that was working just fine. The user claims it wiped itself and we're now attempting to set it backup. But when trying to register the tablet with Meraki we get the following error. There is no customer OS on it, so not sure what it is banging on about. Anyone else seen this before?

"The security policy prevents the creation of a work profile because a custom OS has been installed on this device."

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Has the device been "root"ed?  You sometimes have to wipe a device to do this ...

It sounds to be like someone has rooted it and installed a custom loader or some other custom software.

Nope. It's a company device and hasn't been rooted and no other OS has been installed. I believe it's crappy Knox causing the issue possibly even though Samsung no longer support Knox.

Jedixo04
New here

Have you been able to resolve this issue?  We are experiencing the same issue and there is no other Custom OS or Work Profile active on the device.

No. However, we did discover in System Manager/Policies/DefaultPolicy/

"Device is not compromised" was ticked. This appears to state that if a device is rooted or jailbroken it won't create the profile.

I unticked this 2 weeks ago, still not able to enrol the devices. Its as if the enrolment process is ignoring this policy change.

I now have 3 tablets with the issue and is making Meraki useless at the moment.

We are running into the same issue with Galaxy Tab A's.  They are spontaneously resetting.  We have the MDM set to not allow factory reset, but this appears to be happening anyway.

I hope you get some answers, this is making this stability a challenge.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels