Auto VPN on via Geofencing

SOLVED
rrehart01
Here to help

Auto VPN on via Geofencing

Is there a way to automatically have the Client VPN turn on when a mobile device (cell phone, laptop, etc.) leaves a geofencing area? I can't find any way to do so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MacuserJim
A model citizen

If you are using iOS, you might be able to rig something if you are using the iOS Per App VPN profile. You could have the geofence trigger that profile which you can have it auto connect in the profile.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No...

MacuserJim
A model citizen

If you are using iOS, you might be able to rig something if you are using the iOS Per App VPN profile. You could have the geofence trigger that profile which you can have it auto connect in the profile.

I don't see how you could use geofencing to trigger an app, to trigger the VPN.  You would have to create a custom app, but if you were creating a custom app you might as well have it do the VPN itself.

You would have geofencing trigging adding a tag to a device, and then have a profile be triggered by the tag. That profile is what would configure the Per App VPN. I've never tried that, just a theory.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 8.24.31 AM.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels