Apple Automated Device Enrollment (formerly DEP) - Unable to enroll

Solved
RichardVIC
New here

Apple Automated Device Enrollment (formerly DEP) - Unable to enroll

I have setup Apple ADE but am having an issue with the iPads downloading the configuration profile.

After performing a factory reset and following the on-screen prompts, i am having an issue at step 5:

1. Select Your Language > English
2. Select Your Country or Region > Australia
3. Choose a Wi-Fi Network > Hotspot
4. Remote Management - Enrolling in remote management will allow this iPad to be managed by: Company Name > Next
5. I was expecting it to just download and install the configuration profile, but it shows a web page, but the download button to download the profile is not working nothing happens when pressed:

PXL_20230720_011723551.jpg

Have I configured something wrong? Why is it not installing the profile? Is it normal to see this web page?

1 Accepted Solution
RichardVIC
New here

I got in tocuch with Meraki Support and they provided the following solution: 

To fix this issue there are two options:

1. create a new ADE profile with authentication disabled and assign this profile to the devices.
This is the older way. The ADE profile by default now enables authentication but can disabled with the enrollment URL set to blank to enroll like it used to do.

2. enable authentication from the SM > General page. Then configuring the Meraki Managed accounts from SM > Owners page.
This option is recommended for enrollment security.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
RichardVIC
New here

I got in tocuch with Meraki Support and they provided the following solution: 

To fix this issue there are two options:

1. create a new ADE profile with authentication disabled and assign this profile to the devices.
This is the older way. The ADE profile by default now enables authentication but can disabled with the enrollment URL set to blank to enroll like it used to do.

2. enable authentication from the SM > General page. Then configuring the Meraki Managed accounts from SM > Owners page.
This option is recommended for enrollment security.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels