App deployment not working - unable to assign license from VPP

saihaynes
Conversationalist

App deployment not working - unable to assign license from VPP

Hi All,

Random issue we've started having as of this morning (call already logged with support) but wondered if anyone had come across or experienced the same?

Apps are syncing from ASM to Meraki successfully (number of licenses is correct and increases if purchasing additional etc) - running a manual sync in Meraki completes successfully.

All certs/tokens are up to date and correct and haven't been edited/changed/renewed. 

Apps in the app screen of each network show the correct assignment however when clicking into app to deploy/edit scope etc apps are showing as 0 in use.

On devices the apps are actually installed and licenses are taken (an example below).

If attempting to deploy app we are met with the following in the event logApp ErrorApp Error

App showing 0 licenses usedApp showing 0 licenses usedScreenshot 2022-01-20 at 12.44.32.pngApp showing installedApp showing installed 

I will update once support come back but if anyone has any other ideas 🙂 

*Edit - found this

Many Thanks

Sai

3 Replies 3
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@saihaynes  How many devices are affected and have you tried this option

Meraki App licensing.jpg

Hi Blake, 

Thanks for the input - yep its one of the first things I did in the initial troubleshooting......however I have managed (I may add with neither Meraki or Apple support actually coming back to me) to resolve.

Looking at the changelogs a JAMF update (We have multiple MDM instances within ASM) had toggled VPP on within JAMF (we have it disabled). After toggling this back to "off", renewing the VPP token in Meraki and waiting around 24hrs everything is back to normal.

As a side note I was able to deploy apps immediately and receive no errors in logs.

Hope all is well for you and yours in these crazy times

Sai

@saihaynes  Ah so you had two MDM trying to use the same ASM VPP location?  I have been bitten by that myself in the past.

I have a location for Meraki and another for Jamf which gets around that issue. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels