Android vs Apple Device Enrollment

SOLVED
Gary_C
Here to help

Android vs Apple Device Enrollment

Hello,

We have been using SM for a few years to manage Apple devices.  I like that we are able to enroll the devices without the need for an Apple ID.

We are getting ready to deploy Android devices for the first time and I am wondering if there is a way to enroll them without the need for a google account for each device.

Thank you,

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>account that belongs to the bound Google Domain

There might be some confusion here.  It's the same on both platforms.

For us, we use Office 365, so use Office 365 authentication.  You can use some other local authentication.  It doesn't need to be a Google Account.

You can choose to use no authentication at all, but I don't recommend that.  Then it doesn't create a owner->device relationship.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks Philip, we want to go with the Device Owner option using a Google Managed Domain.  When I look at the deployment guide it states that I need to sign in with an account that belongs to the bound Google Domain.  That’s what I want to avoid if possible.  I looked at the zero-touch enrollment option but unfortunately our tablets are Samsungs.

Is there a way to eliminate the need for a Google account?  If not can it be the same account for all tablets or do they have to be unique?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>account that belongs to the bound Google Domain

There might be some confusion here.  It's the same on both platforms.

For us, we use Office 365, so use Office 365 authentication.  You can use some other local authentication.  It doesn't need to be a Google Account.

You can choose to use no authentication at all, but I don't recommend that.  Then it doesn't create a owner->device relationship.

Ok that makes sense Philip.  Thanks very much for your time!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels