[Android] Autojoin Wifi

SOLVED
ABAERC
Comes here often

[Android] Autojoin Wifi

Greetings,

Does anyone has made a Wifi for Android with autojoin working ? Because after trying some configuration I didn't manage to make it work properly.

Here are the configuration of my Wifi :

Sécrurity : Pre Shared key

Encryption : WPA2 Only

Splash page : None

And here is the configuration of my Wifi Profile :

ABAERC_1-1659941844563.png

With this configuration, my Android phone get the information to connect to the SSID (the password, and it says "save"), but he will not connect automatically. I have to go into settings, select the SSID and click on "Connect" whitout typing the password. But I was thinking that my Android device will automatically swap to the good SSID, instead of having to go in the Wifi settings.

Can anyone help me please, maybe I am missing something ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bettencourt
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You are not missing anything in the dashboard.

From a very raw perspective, and not taking into account MDM solutions, roamings, etc, joining an SSID is always a client-device decision, APs do not have a mechanism to force any device to join a particular SSID, which would be extremely problematic from a security standpoint.

If your device is not auto joining an SSID, and only does it when you manually select the SSID, I would highly suggest that you reach out to the device vendor for support and to look into Google support forums as this is not something that is configurable in the dashboard.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bettencourt
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You are not missing anything in the dashboard.

From a very raw perspective, and not taking into account MDM solutions, roamings, etc, joining an SSID is always a client-device decision, APs do not have a mechanism to force any device to join a particular SSID, which would be extremely problematic from a security standpoint.

If your device is not auto joining an SSID, and only does it when you manually select the SSID, I would highly suggest that you reach out to the device vendor for support and to look into Google support forums as this is not something that is configurable in the dashboard.

ABAERC
Comes here often

Hi Bettencourt,

Thanks for your answer, I will look for another solution then. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels