Win10 Installing Apps

Jame
Here to help

Win10 Installing Apps

I'm trying to get some msi files to install. These msi installers will, when run manually, install to <User>/AppData/Local/<install folder> and to C:\Program Files (x86)\<install folder> when the flag ALLUSERS=1 is set.

This works fine when installing on a local CLI like powershell or CMD using msiexec (or using chocolatey) but the installer fails when trying to install via the Meraki CLI or as a Meraki App (with the ALLUSERS=1 flag set).

If I set no flags and set to install in foreground the installer runs, the program runs but isn't actually installed. I believe it just runs in memory as there is no way to re-launch after the termination of the app. If I set ALLUSERS=1  and install in foreground it gives me an error:

Jame_0-1605978924547.png

Trying to install via CLI with a direct path to the .msi file (msiexec.exe /qn ALLUSERS=1 /i /path/to/install.msi) results in error: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

Trying to install with chocolatey via Meraki CLI results in an error 1612, which upon some googling seems to be related to not being able to find the installation media. So it seems it's an issue with how the Meraki CLI interacts with msiexec? I confirmed that the install file for chocolatey was downloaded successfully.

Any ideas?

Also, there isn't a label for Windows issues? LOL yikes.

0 REPLIES 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels