MG21E Cellular Back Up

MG21E Cellular Back Up

This is not a big project but could be very important with the incredible bitter cold here in the North Texas area it was time to get ready for the bad weather and get a Meraki MG21E Cellular Gateway  ready just in case the main internet went down.

Be sure to check out the MG21E unboxing with a over 10 hi-rez photos of the MG21 at:

Flickr Unboxing Gallery 

The Meraki MG21E comes with everything you need to get started including the antennas, mounting bracket 

and screws and is well boxed in an eco-friendly material:

Meraki MG21E Cellular GatewayMeraki MG21E Cellular Gateway

Even though I was mounting it inside and in a protected climate-controller area it was nice to know the MG21E has a IP67 rating you can see the silicon gasket in this image that give you access to the dual ethernet ports and power jack along with the SIM card slot: 

IP67 Rated Gasket On The MG21EIP67 Rated Gasket On The MG21E

Like everything else with Meraki, it took me longer to collect my tools (level, screwdriver and pencil) than it did to mount the MG21E with the included bracket on my IDF plywood wall:

MG21 Mounting BracketMG21 Mounting Bracket

MG21E Mounting Bracket MountedMG21E Mounting Bracket Mounted

MG21E MountedMG21E Mounted

Adding to my Meraki dashboard account and hooking it to WAN 2 on my Meraki MX67, it was reassuring to know I had an alternate path to the Internet if I ever needed one.