The next-generation vMX-XL

ShawnHu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The next-generation vMX-XL

We are excited to introduce the next-gen vMX-XL on AWS, as featured in the recent product blog post, "Introducing the next-generation vMX-XL on AWS." The vMX-XL represents a significant upgrade offering up to 10Gbps VPN throughput, a new software ASIC architecture, and other enhancements. We have integrated an vMX-XL instance into our Meraki Launchpad demo platform for a hands-on experience.

Demo Org: Meraki Launchpad🚀
Demo Network: Datacenter-AWS-vMX-XL

As a reminder, A vMX-M instance running as Routed mode is available in the same organization for demonstration.

ShawnHu_0-1713281289757.png

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I noticed it appeared in the Amazon Marketplace a week or two ago.  It is labelled "Next-Generation" and it looked like a replacement for the existing VMX.  I think the title should be updated to make it clear it is only for VMX-L deployments.  At the moment the only hint that it is for VML-L is in the version string (and this is not obvious).

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/search/results?searchTerms=meraki

PhilipDAth_0-1713293451395.png

@PhilipDAth I believe you meant -XL. I agree with you that the current naming of the two AMIs is confusing. I have forwarded your feedback to our product team. Appreciate!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

May I suggest a title of:

Cisco Meraki vMX-L

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.