Hello from the Philippines :)

JohnWeek
Conversationalist

Hello from the Philippines :)

I have a lot of questions/curiosity about Meraki Technologies. Right now I am working as Network Engineer but I don't have much knowledge about Meraki since I am just a Jr. and just passed my CCNA, I am hoping that in the future I will gain all the necessary skills I need.

ps: Does anyone knows how to back up the configuration of MS/MX ? like : Swithport configuration, vlans etc... ?

6 REPLIES 6
Jwiley78
Building a reputation

Welcome!

Jwiley78
Building a reputation

With Meraki there is no need for backups.  All configs are in stored in the cloud on your dashboard.  If you need to switch to a new device due to hardware failure you just change the serial number.

JohnWeek
Conversationalist

Hi -- there was a scenario before that caused major outage because all devices have been removed/deleted from the Meraki Dashboard because the licenses had expired, we didn't have any "backup" of the configurations on that specific network so we built it from scratch and it took us 1 week to complete. Right now our workaround is to use postman and get all the configurations via Meraki API and we are doing it regularly , I just wanted to know if we can Automate that task ?
merakichamp
Building a reputation

@JohnWeek  you need first to understand the meraki cloud architecture  meraki cloud will store all your configurations 

meraki has powerful reliable data centers where  Customer management data  like configurations is replicated across independent same-region data centers in real-time 

These same data is also replicated in automatic nightly archival backups hosted in in-region third-party cloud storage services.

more information you can get below 

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

Hi @merakichamp I am completely aware about the meraki cloud architecture, I know how awesome Meraki technologies are. However like I mentioned above, if your licenses expired, the devices and configurations will be deleted from your organization.
KRobert
Head in the Cloud

Welcome to the Community!
CMNO, CCNA R+S
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.