license activation window

Solved
LeoAri
Comes here often

license activation window

I buy a package of meraki licenses for one year
I understand that from the acquisition of the licenses I have 90 days to activate them, and if I do not activate them within that period, my licenses activate themselves, for example, on the 91st, that is, my 91st day is day 1 of my 1-year licenses. I am right?
What happens if my products arrived for example 120 days after the purchase of my meraki licenses, did I lose part of my year?

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@LeoAri is asking about licences, not accounts @alemabrahao so the 90 days may well be relevant.   Bear in mind though that you only get 90 days if you are using Per Device Licensing model.  If you are using co-termination then the license starts to 'tick' as soon as it is shipped.   For PDL;  If your device is received after the 90 days you will indeed be consuming licensing time.  Bear in mind though that, particularly for large projects, with extended rollouts - and maybe where lead times have been long, in recent times, this is likely to have been covered off in the commercial arrangements of the purchase - you may well have received a degree of discount to cover the gap between license purchase and product receipt.   I'd check this with your own procurement team and/or the meraki account team as, if you're in the proecet engineering team (for example), you may well not have been made aware of the commercial arrangements.

BTW - this Q would have been better asked under the "Dashboard & Administration" Topic

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are wrong, you need to activate it manually.

How long do I have to reactivate my account after it expires?

A: You can reactivate your account at any point in the future after it expires by adding the necessary number of valid licenses. Please note that once your account expires, your products will stop functioning after a 30-day grace period.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_FAQs#:~:text=A%3A....

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I don't think he let me understand.
I bought a package of licenses for AP meraki, the APs arrived more than a year after the purchase of licenses, when I activate this package of licenses now will they be valid for one year?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far as I know lthe icenses start consuming time from the date purchased, not the date they are added to an Organization.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@LeoAri is asking about licences, not accounts @alemabrahao so the 90 days may well be relevant.   Bear in mind though that you only get 90 days if you are using Per Device Licensing model.  If you are using co-termination then the license starts to 'tick' as soon as it is shipped.   For PDL;  If your device is received after the 90 days you will indeed be consuming licensing time.  Bear in mind though that, particularly for large projects, with extended rollouts - and maybe where lead times have been long, in recent times, this is likely to have been covered off in the commercial arrangements of the purchase - you may well have received a degree of discount to cover the gap between license purchase and product receipt.   I'd check this with your own procurement team and/or the meraki account team as, if you're in the proecet engineering team (for example), you may well not have been made aware of the commercial arrangements.

BTW - this Q would have been better asked under the "Dashboard & Administration" Topic

LeoAri
Comes here often

And in case you do not register the licenses within 90 days, and they were activated, I can register them in the meraki dasboard, enter the client's dasboard and I do not see them

Yes, I see, but this is the same case for licenses correct? If you do not activate within the grace period, the devices will stop working correctly? I've seen this in practice.

LeoAri
Comes here often

I will give you an example, if I acquired a 1-year license (365 days) on January 1, the 90 days passed on the 91st the licenses were activated and the equipment just arrived on the 150th. I can register the licenses on the 151st in the meraki dashboard? Can I still use the remaining days?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far as I know lthe icenses start consuming time from the date purchased, not the date they are added to an Organization.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it per-device license ou co-termination?

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Co-Termination_Licensing_Ov...

This is the key question @LeoAri  - in terms of how much license time might be left.   But, regardless of whether you are using Co-termination or Per Device Licensing,  if it is more than 90 days since the license shipped, then it will definitely be 'ticking', whether it has been claimed into a Dashboard or not.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@LeoAri  if you order a device with a license then the license should not ship until the device does.  The countdown starts then.  If you are ordering them separately then I'd order the license when you get the hardware shipment notification as you can activate the device without a license for 30 days.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.