Template Configuration for multiple branches

Solved
NGleich
Here to help

Template Configuration for multiple branches

Hi everybody,

I am working on a project at the moment where multiple branches need to be configured.

My idea was to use Bulk Network Creation Tool with a predefined "base" template to create those branches networks within dashboard.

Did i get this right that changes made to this template afterwards get automatically pushed out to all networks that are bound to this template ?

Additional i can easily configure local changes for each network individually, right?

Is there something special to keep in mind when doing so or is it just straight forward as described ?`

Thanks in advance

Niklas

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes - changes made in a Template are automatically pushed to all Networks bound to that Template.

Bear this in mind, when organizing your Dashboard;   where might you need to test a planned change, in a limited way, before you push that change to all sites...?

There are, however, a number of settings that cannot be locally overridden.   It should become obvious to you what these are, by loooking at 'Configure' on a Network bound to a Template.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_...

What do you need to change, per Network?

Remember there are essentially no limits to the number of Templates you can use.   If something needs to be locally over-ridden for a subset of sites - maybe you need more than one Template?

If Templates are ultimately not flexible enough for you, that's where the Dashboard API comes in, for automating changes at scale.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes - changes made in a Template are automatically pushed to all Networks bound to that Template.

Bear this in mind, when organizing your Dashboard;   where might you need to test a planned change, in a limited way, before you push that change to all sites...?

There are, however, a number of settings that cannot be locally overridden.   It should become obvious to you what these are, by loooking at 'Configure' on a Network bound to a Template.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_...

What do you need to change, per Network?

Remember there are essentially no limits to the number of Templates you can use.   If something needs to be locally over-ridden for a subset of sites - maybe you need more than one Template?

If Templates are ultimately not flexible enough for you, that's where the Dashboard API comes in, for automating changes at scale.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.