Syslog management

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Syslog management

More a question of what others are doing rather than an issue. I'm looking at log management software and I wondered what others are doing when it comes to Meraki, are you simply sending Syslog to a on premise server or are you using the API to pull logs?

Syslog options on Meraki are very limited so that won't work with all of the cloud based providers I've looked at as they all require a custom header or an agent installed.

4 Replies 4
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We are currently pushing all syslogs to our QRadar. Pricey , but can handle a lot and it is on premise

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Rapid7 for us, cloud based, but with an on premise collector for logs such as these.  Pretty low cost.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've used a lot of stuff from plain ol' syslog-ng up to Graylog or Splunk. Especially for the MX side of things, syslog really helps to find needles in haystacks.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm now working through a reasonable sized list to determine what best suits. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.