Need to Split a network

Solved
TylerDurden
New here

Need to Split a network

Good Morning,

I am looking to split a network due to using a MX Security Gateway that is using the appliance name when trying to create a SSID on the unit. Would splitting the network be the best way to go about this and if so, how would the network be split?

1 Accepted Solution

You can clone one of the themes and edit its HTML without having to split the network.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Custom_Splash_Page_Themes

alemabrahao_0-1700235655718.png

alemabrahao_1-1700235688178.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you show the problem you are having?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

TylerDurden_0-1700235004211.png

The appliance tag adds itself to the splash page message when using one with our public Wi-Fi. We are trying to get rid of this appliance name and we were told by cisco support that in order to do so, we need to split the network.

You can clone one of the themes and edit its HTML without having to split the network.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Splash_Page/Custom_Splash_Page_Themes

alemabrahao_0-1700235655718.png

alemabrahao_1-1700235688178.png

You are awesome!! This worked without issue on my end, thank you!

Any time 😊

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.