How to enable detailed traffic type?

SOLVED
jamie1972
New here

How to enable detailed traffic type?

I’ve seen on demos that you can view specific website visits on dashboard but can't seem to locate it on my new network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

What @MerakiJockey505 says is completely correct. But if you can't see 'Traffic analytics' under the Network-wide menu you need to switch on the detailed host name gathering. Go to Network-wide then configure, General. You'll see a Traffic analytics drop down, change this to Detailed: collect destination hostnames. Now, give it a little while and you'll start seeing the traffic destinations in the places @MerakiJockey505 describes. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MerakiJockey505
Building a reputation

There are two spots I have found to find the more detailed info.  Under Network-Wide > Traffic Analytics you can take a look at the traffic.  Then by clicking on the specific type of traffic you can take a look at the user utilizing it.  If you click on the user to the right of the page you will see a pie chart looking thing.  Slightly above the pie graphic there are arrows to navigate between Applications, Ports, and HTTP content.  If you select HTTP content you can then click show details below and a list will populate showing specific sites for that user.  Alternatively if you have a specific user you are looking for/at you can locate them under Network-Wide > Clients and follow the same process.  Let me know if this works for ya. 🙂

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

What @MerakiJockey505 says is completely correct. But if you can't see 'Traffic analytics' under the Network-wide menu you need to switch on the detailed host name gathering. Go to Network-wide then configure, General. You'll see a Traffic analytics drop down, change this to Detailed: collect destination hostnames. Now, give it a little while and you'll start seeing the traffic destinations in the places @MerakiJockey505 describes. Hope this helps.

Thank you, @Bruce! This worked for me.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.