Failed to save changes from Network-Wide -> Configure -> General

DerekLicciardi
New here

Failed to save changes from Network-Wide -> Configure -> General

Trying to disable the meshing feature on a MX80 device with APs.  Device is updated to the latest firmware possible.  I cannot upgrade the device but the meshing feature is causing network loops and so I need to turn it off.  I would rather have an AP down and not accessible than the other devices thinking the mesh is a priority 0 route.

That said, when I save the setting, all I get is a generic "Failed to save settings" message.  Is there a more detailed place to look where I might figure out why it is failing?  My user account is granted Full Access.

Help would be appreciated.

Derek

DerekLicciardi_0-1720193501516.png

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's probably a internal issue, you need to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

AP mesh and MX have nothing to do with each other. Nor does AP mesh cause layer 2 loops. And MXs don't run STP and therefore wouldn't have any loop detection mechanism.

What are the actual symptoms being seen when you say loops? 

As for the page not saving perhaps there are some issues with configs on that page? For example do you have empty/unused Location and scanning Post URLs? Or, sometimes pages can have fields auto populated by some browsers with bad values and then the page won't pass validation & save. I've seen that before on the Network-wide page where things like an email address will auto populate in some random field.

Ryan / SE - Networking

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

Thanks for the response.  I inherited this network and all of its configuration and so troubleshooting this as a non-Cisco tech has been a challenge to say the least.  Here's the post URLs from that same page:

DerekLicciardi_0-1720203748053.png

This how I received them.  What do I need to do to correct these?  Can I just delete the entries?

If you don't know the URLs and you don't have a document that has this information, just delete it.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MX80 went end of support back on Aug 30, 2023.  It may simply be that current software now longer works on it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Meraki_End-of-Life_(EOL)_Produc...

You should aim to replace this device ASAP.  Check out the sizing guide:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/MX_Sizing_Information/MX_Sizing_Principles

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.