Clearing a udld tx/rx loop detection error

Dimensional
New here

Clearing a udld tx/rx loop detection error

We had an udld tx/rx loop detection error a few weeks ago that has been resolved but the port that it occurred on is still showing that error even though nothing is plugged up to it, is there a way to clear this error message so the port will no longer show orange and show the warning...?

6 Replies 6
CoreyDavoll1
Here to help

I was able to clear it by bouncing the port

I am sorry I am not sure what that is or how to do that could you please explain it?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Using_the_MS_Live_Tools#Cycle_Port

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

unfortunately, that did not work, I even plugged my laptop into that port and cycled the port and it shows my laptop connected to it but still has the orange color and the UDLD notification for that port

Have you checked to make sure there isn't a problem with the cabling?

Note that sometimes there may be a delay in dashboard information updates.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The cabling should not be an issue, I have a desktop connected directly to that port on the switch now, you are correct about it taking some time to update the cloud with changes so I am going to leave the desktop plugged into the port for the rest of the day and evening to see if it makes any difference, thank you all for the replies and I will repost tomorrow on any status positive or negative

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.