Third Party System Preference Panes

SOLVED
Leeham
Getting noticed

Third Party System Preference Panes

Hi guys,

I've installed a 3rd party app onto my mac called Backblaze, yet the preference pane greyed out and, I think, is blocked by the Meraki management profile:

copy.jpg

What is the syntax of the text that needs to be entered into the Third Part System Preference Panes field (System Manager > Manage Settings > Profiles list > System Preferences > macOS System Preferences > Third Part System Preference Panes) to allow it?:

copy.jpg

Have I formatted the name correctly or do I need to enter something else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks SoCalRacer.   

I tried your command but unfortunately, it didn't return anything relevant to Backblaze.

Nevermind though, I found out how to obtain what I needed:

$ defaults read /Library/PreferencePanes/BackblazeBackup.prefPane/Contents/Info CFBundleIdentifier
com.backblaze.BackblazeBackup

I inserted com.backblaze.BackblazeBackup into the Third Party System Preference Panes field, as per my first screenshot, and it worked!:

copy.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Not a Mac expert, but I believe if you run the below command it will list the packages by name and then you can use that to add to system pane.

pkgutil --pkgs

Also are you on macOS 10.14? Seems to be quite a bit of issues with that os and Backblaze.

Thanks SoCalRacer.   

I tried your command but unfortunately, it didn't return anything relevant to Backblaze.

Nevermind though, I found out how to obtain what I needed:

$ defaults read /Library/PreferencePanes/BackblazeBackup.prefPane/Contents/Info CFBundleIdentifier
com.backblaze.BackblazeBackup

I inserted com.backblaze.BackblazeBackup into the Third Party System Preference Panes field, as per my first screenshot, and it worked!:

copy.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels