Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening mail attachment with containerized app

SOLVED
Conversationalist

Opening mail attachment with containerized app

Dear all,

with Meraki MDM I have one managed app (CAS genesisWorld) and 2 managed Settings "Exchange ActiveSync Email" on our iOS devices.

The first Exchange setting delivers an email-account from the Exchange Server and the second the contacts out of the CRM-system.

Users are allowed to install other apps as well, such as Whatsapp, Telegram, and others. But: because of our data protection regulation in europe we are not allowed to use our company contacts with Whatsapp, ....

Therefor I need to containerize company contacts, mails and CAS genesisWorld.

I can do that with these restrictions: 

1. Do not containerize work data and contacts from unmanaged apps

2. Do not containerize personal data and contacts from managed apps

But then I cannot open mail attachments, which I can only open with my managed app "CAS genesisWorld"!

I played around a lot - but didn't find a solution.

For me it seems, that I need to tell iOS that the app "CAS genesisWorld" and "Mail" are in the same container. But I cannot find something like this.

Can anybody help, please?

Best Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Conversationalist

Re: Opening mail attachment with containerized app

To let you know: it is working now!
I tested again and found a mistake or better a bug:
I installed genesisWorld on the mobile phone on my own, not out of meraki as managed app. Afterwards I ticked “Attempt to manage unmanaged” (within System Manager > Manage > Apps > "CAS genesisWorld SmartDesign") to make “genesisWorld” a managed app. But obviously that didn’t work.

After uninstalling genesisWorld from the mobile phone manually and installing it within the profile, everything is working now like it should work.

3 REPLIES
Conversationalist

PS: it is definitely not what I thought. I installed Outlook as managed app and here is the same issue: cannot open the attachment with genesisWorld after applying the restrictions.
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Have all your users relocate out of Europe.

Conversationalist

To let you know: it is working now!
I tested again and found a mistake or better a bug:
I installed genesisWorld on the mobile phone on my own, not out of meraki as managed app. Afterwards I ticked “Attempt to manage unmanaged” (within System Manager > Manage > Apps > "CAS genesisWorld SmartDesign") to make “genesisWorld” a managed app. But obviously that didn’t work.

After uninstalling genesisWorld from the mobile phone manually and installing it within the profile, everything is working now like it should work.

Labels