Just trying to map an Android Solution and just wondering what others have found to be an issue.
Attempted Setup: Device Owner with Mult-Kiosk Mode
So, far: - Unable to change the Android Kiosk Mode Logo (This may be a deal breaker for me using Meraki for Android)
- Install AFW Account Error (Unresolved, link: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Mobility-Management/Install-AFW-Account-error/td-p/1689). Funny how in the first day I hit this issue.
- Possibly unable to update Android OS (https://community.meraki.com/t5/Mobility-Management/Updating-android-version/m-p/3969#M447) . Does anyone know if this still the case?
Tried via just using the SM App, still cant install Afw profile.
And I cant get it off the Play Store because that prompts for credentials.
So trying both 'Device Owner' and BYOD have failed as a solution.
---This was tried with a Nexus 5 / Android 6.0.1.
Thank you,Peter James
Tried BYOD with auto-enrolment (No users). With my personal phone (already with a google account).
- Install SM App. - Enter Network ID.
- AFW account enabled (Same problem as before, but resolved once I closed the original SM App and closed/opened the work profile SM App).
- Pushed down our App, with permissions without issue.
Without any device locking the end-user is free to run riot, but it worked.
This worked on a OnePlus 5T running Android 7.1.1.
View all community news »