getOrganizationDevicesUplinksLossAndLatency returns actual results for a null network/device

sungod
Head in the Cloud

getOrganizationDevicesUplinksLossAndLatency returns actual results for a null network/device

On testing a new reporting script with one of our customer organizations it was failing, but no issue with other organizations I tried it on.

I found this call...

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-devices-uplinks-loss-and-latency

...returning loss/latency data for an interface on a non-existent device on a non-existent network...

{'networkId': None, 'serial': None, 'uplink': 'wan1', 'ip': '8.8.8.8', 'timeSeries': [{'ts': '2023-02-01T00:35:29Z', 'lossPercent': 0.0, 'latencyMs': 24.9}, {'ts': '2023-02-01T00:36:30Z', 'lossPercent': 0.0, 'latencyMs': 21.9}, {'ts': '2023-02-01T00:37:30Z', 'lossPercent': 0.0, 'latencyMs': 23.3}, {'ts': '2023-02-01T00:38:31Z', 'lossPercent': 0.0, 'latencyMs': 25.3}, {'ts': '2023-02-01T00:39:30Z', 'lossPercent': 0.0, 'latencyMs': 23.8}]}

Now that I know this can happen, I simply added a check to skip any such records, but I'm wondering why it is happening, is it an after effect of a device/network being deleted? Logically it is a bug.

2 Replies 2
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm curious about this.  non-existent device on a non-existent network

Is it devices that were recently RMA'd or removed from a network ? On my largest Org I would expect to find this also , but I could'nt. 

sungod
Head in the Cloud

Yes device/network removal was my assumption, I've not had time to dig into things so far.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.