getOrganizationDevicesStatuses - 502 bad gateway

bassmandan
Comes here often

getOrganizationDevicesStatuses - 502 bad gateway

When I try to use this endpoint, with either the serials or networkIds filters to retrieve a subset of data, I get a 502 bad gateway response if the array used for either filter is over a certain size.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-latest/#!get-organization-devices-statuses

Not sure what the size limit is, previously I've filtered on networkIds and just modified my script to loop through multiple smaller lists of ID, but today I've tried a list of 68 device serials and had the same error.

I know I could just retrieve all devices and use some list comprehension or a loop to dig out the ones I need, but it seems like unnecessary extra code.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is there some kind of undocumented limit?

2 Replies 2
sungod
Head in the Cloud

There may be some limits but I don't recall seeing any documented.

As you are seeing it on a 'small' request it sounds like there may be a problem with the service, it happens sometimes, usually resolves quickly.

If the problem persists more than 24 hours or if it's urgent for you, I suggest open a case with Meraki support (use the Dashboard).

bassmandan
Comes here often

Not sure it's a problem with the service, unless I've been very unlucky with when I've tried! I opened a case with support this morning, just hoped there might be some quicker answers on here.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.