cycleDeviceSwitchPorts - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ["'ports' must be an array"]}

Solved
AhmedJawad
Getting noticed

cycleDeviceSwitchPorts - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ["'ports' must be an array"]}

Hi All, 

I'm getting the error in the subject when I try to cycle switch port. i can apply or remove the access policy using the same for loop with no issues. But when I try to cycle I'm getting the error. below is my code. 

any idea please? 

def ports(Net_ID,vlan=None,accesspol=None😞
    Devices = dashboard.networks.getNetworkDevices(Net_ID)  
    for device in Devices:
        #print(device['serial'])
        port1 = dashboard.switch.getDeviceSwitchPorts(device['serial'])
        for port in port1:
            # print(port)
            if port['accessPolicyType'] != 'Open' and port['vlan']== vlan and port['type'] != 'trunk':
                port_upd= dashboard.switch.updateDeviceSwitchPort(device['serial'], port['portId'], accessPolicyType = 'Open' ) # 'Custom access policy') #accessPolicyNumber = accesspol ,accessPolicyNumber = accesspol )
                print("Name:  {} \t Switch_Serial: {} \t PortNumber: {} \t VLAN: {} \t accessPolicy: {} ".format(device["name"], device["serial"], port['portId'], port["vlan"], port["accessPolicyType"]))
                port_Cycle = dashboard.switch.cycleDeviceSwitchPorts(device['serial'], port['portId'])
1 Accepted Solution
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

If you look at the documentation the input must be an array : https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!cycle-device-switch-ports

like : ports = ['1', '2-5'] or simply ports = ['1'] while you are probably passing a string from getDeviceSwitchPorts ( portId = "1" ) 

There are  many ways to fix it.  

portlist = []

portlist.append(port['portId'])

port_Cycle = dashboard.switch.cycleDeviceSwitchPorts(device['serial'], portlist)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

If you look at the documentation the input must be an array : https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!cycle-device-switch-ports

like : ports = ['1', '2-5'] or simply ports = ['1'] while you are probably passing a string from getDeviceSwitchPorts ( portId = "1" ) 

There are  many ways to fix it.  

portlist = []

portlist.append(port['portId'])

port_Cycle = dashboard.switch.cycleDeviceSwitchPorts(device['serial'], portlist)

Thank you, that worked! 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Excellent ! Glad we were able to help you !

Have a good one

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.