WiFi - QRCode Generator

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

WiFi - QRCode Generator

Hello,

I wrote a small script which will generate QRCodes for configured SSIDs. The script is using asyncio and api version 1.

usage: generate_qrcodes.py [-h] [-o ORGANIZATION] [-n NETWORKS [NETWORKS ...]]
                           [-s SSIDS [SSIDS ...]]

Generates QRCodes from Meraki wireless networks

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -o ORGANIZATION, --organization ORGANIZATION
                        the name/id of the organization
  -n NETWORKS [NETWORKS ...], --network NETWORKS [NETWORKS ...]
                        the name/id of the networks to generate the qr codes
                        from.  If you are providing this parameter, then you must 
                        provide the organization.
  -s SSIDS [SSIDS ...], --ssid SSIDS [SSIDS ...]
                        the name of the ssids to generate the qr codes

You have to provide at least the organization or network parameter.

the QRCodes will be places in a subdirectory "img". The Filename is {NetworkName}_{SSID}.png.

Example:

Demo Wifi CodeDemo Wifi Code

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Very cool!

Fantasticmrfox
Comes here often

I am interested in trying this out.  Do you know if this script is still valid.  ....

yes it is still working fine. There is a deprecation warning, which can be ignored at the moment.

Just to confirm, this will let me create a QR Code for a guest wifi access with a splash page?  Also, I am getting a SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED on trying, and I guess I have to setup a certificate in addition to the API KEY. Do you know where I can find info on setting up a certificate for Meraki?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fantasticmrfox
Comes here often

I was able to get this working, but I have a question on the user experience, as the QR codes are asking me to joint the guest wifi network, but it is not causing the splash page to come up.  I can share a video if you want to see.

hello @Fantasticmrfox  can you please share the video of how you were able to get the QR codes working?

Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.