Using the API to get and update the DHCP Settings for networks without a VLAN setup

Solved
NJNetworkGuy100
Getting noticed

Using the API to get and update the DHCP Settings for networks without a VLAN setup

Does the 1.x API allow for getting and updating the DHCP settings for networks without a VLAN setup on it?  We have a bunch of job sites (using a MX/MG setup) that use the standard subnet settings with no VLAN's setup.  They don't use a S2S VPN, and keeping things generic makes it easy to move the MX/MG kits around to new sites.

Looking to make sure they are all setup properly with the right DNS servers in DHCP.  

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer for sure - but I'm about 75% confident you can't do anything with DHCP on an MX unless VLANs are enabled.

You'd have to try it for sure.  I would start by trying to retrieve the config.  If you can't do that - you won't be able to update it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer for sure - but I'm about 75% confident you can't do anything with DHCP on an MX unless VLANs are enabled.

You'd have to try it for sure.  I would start by trying to retrieve the config.  If you can't do that - you won't be able to update it.

That's what I'm thinking too.  I can't see any other way to find or change that info with the 1.x version of the API.  I was just hoping it was something staring me in the face that I was missing!  Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.