Using the API to get and update the DHCP Settings for networks without a VLAN setup

Solved
NJNetworkGuy100
Getting noticed

Using the API to get and update the DHCP Settings for networks without a VLAN setup

Does the 1.x API allow for getting and updating the DHCP settings for networks without a VLAN setup on it?  We have a bunch of job sites (using a MX/MG setup) that use the standard subnet settings with no VLAN's setup.  They don't use a S2S VPN, and keeping things generic makes it easy to move the MX/MG kits around to new sites.

Looking to make sure they are all setup properly with the right DNS servers in DHCP.  

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer for sure - but I'm about 75% confident you can't do anything with DHCP on an MX unless VLANs are enabled.

You'd have to try it for sure.  I would start by trying to retrieve the config.  If you can't do that - you won't be able to update it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer for sure - but I'm about 75% confident you can't do anything with DHCP on an MX unless VLANs are enabled.

You'd have to try it for sure.  I would start by trying to retrieve the config.  If you can't do that - you won't be able to update it.

That's what I'm thinking too.  I can't see any other way to find or change that info with the 1.x version of the API.  I was just hoping it was something staring me in the face that I was missing!  Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.