Use Meraki API to extract files from MDM Meraki managed computers

VicTox
Here to help

Use Meraki API to extract files from MDM Meraki managed computers

Has anyone tried, or know of any option to use the API to extract files from managed computers?
We need to extract some files created by script on the computers, and we would like to do it using the Meraki API.

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There isn’t a direct method available in the Meraki API to extract files from managed computers. But you can open a support case to confirm it.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Plan-B.  Modify that script to "push" those files somewhere.  File server.  SFTP server.  Github.  Something like that.

VicTox
Here to help

Thanks for the answers.

Well, we want to know if the API is capable of doing this, since in our case it would help us to be able to get more information from the laptops, and in a safe way.
We also think that it would be a very useful tool for the MDM that would open up many possibilities

sungod
Head in the Cloud

The API cannot do it.

I think it unlikely that it ever would be a feature: the data flow would require the device file(s) to first be uploaded to Dashboard to then be delivered via the API endpoint. Aside from the temporary data storage needed, there's potential for accidental/deliberate misuse, GDPR etc., if I were Meraki I'd never add such a feature.

Having the script upload direct to somewhere as suggested by @PhilipDAth  is how I'd do it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.