Switch - Layer 3 interface

Solved
diablo24
Building a reputation

Switch - Layer 3 interface

Hi,

In this doc: https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Layer_3_Switching/MS_Layer_3_Switching_and_Routing#Configuring_S... it specifies that you can configure a Layer 3 interface.

When this interface is configured. Will it show up when I use the following API call:

GET 'https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/{networkId}/devices/{serial}/uplink

Or is there another API that will get me that info?

Thanks in adv

1 Accepted Solution
chengineer
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Actually, MS's layer 3 interface configuration just went into v1 beta as of today. If you get a chance, please test them out and offer feedback ASAP so we can validate before v1 goes GA.

You can find these endpoints in your dashboard organization's Help > API docs page > v1 beta > Switch Routing & DHCP.

Solutions Architect @ Cisco Meraki | API & Developer Ecosystem

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Meraki_John
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @diablo24 !

currently this information is not available in the dashboard API.

We already have a feature request for this endpoint to be added.

Can you let us know your use case so we can better understand what you are trying to achieve so we can take this in to account with the current feature request.

Cheers!

John

diablo24
Building a reputation

@Meraki_John 

Thanks for your reply.

I have an App that models Meraki networks (FW, Wireless Access Points), its import to show L3 connection. I was planning on adding support for the MS line, however, this will definitely put a damper on how accurate our model would show.

Any ETA on how long before this feature is supported?

chengineer
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Actually, MS's layer 3 interface configuration just went into v1 beta as of today. If you get a chance, please test them out and offer feedback ASAP so we can validate before v1 goes GA.

You can find these endpoints in your dashboard organization's Help > API docs page > v1 beta > Switch Routing & DHCP.

Solutions Architect @ Cisco Meraki | API & Developer Ecosystem
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.