Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

SOLVED
MRMunemo
Getting noticed

Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

Hi All,

Please assist. I am seeing this on my Meraki MX80 events log and i am booted out from the machine on the LAN when connected to the machine remotely. What could be the cause of this and how can i resolve it. Could it be the cause of my internet slowdown?

MRMunemo_1-1602359363278.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Just saw your comment at the end of the last post. There are a couple of articles about Axis camera that talk about them getting both an assigned IP address (static or DHCP) and an a 169.254.x.x address - this is likely what’s causing the errors you are seeing. It appears you can turn this behaviour off by disabling the ZeroConf setting in the cameras webpage.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

169.254.x.x IP addresses are what your machine uses before it gets its DHCP address.  They are not routable and should be blocked from being forwarded.

You need to find out why your machine is not getting an IP address.

My machine has an IP:192.168.0.40

MRMunemo_0-1602361102047.png

GW:.1

How can i block these IPs? 

Is it what's causing this 

MRMunemo_0-1602361519818.png

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's not the PCs, The OUI AC:CC:8E is assigned to Axis. You have to control the IP-addressing of your cameras. As Philip mentioned, they probably do not get IPs assigned the way it should.

Could that cause the "bad gateway" error message? I noticed that when that error comes i wont be able to access my PC from outside(wan) and my PC times out when browsing the internet.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

As @PhilipDAth said, the 169.254.x.x are addresses automatically assigned by the device themselves (Automatic Private IP Address). You usually see these when a device is set for DHCP addressing but hasn’t received an address. You need to figure out what these devices are, and why they’re not getting an IP address for DHCP (assuming that’s the setup you intended). Are these devices in a separate VLAN? Is there a DHCP pool set up for that VLAN?

MRMunemo
Getting noticed

I have only one default vlan set on the mx80.

MRMunemo_0-1602363482200.pngMRMunemo_1-1602363539350.pngMRMunemo_2-1602363620278.png

The camera is actually getting an IP:

MRMunemo_0-1602363863803.png

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Do you have a number of Axis cameras connected to your network?

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Just saw your comment at the end of the last post. There are a couple of articles about Axis camera that talk about them getting both an assigned IP address (static or DHCP) and an a 169.254.x.x address - this is likely what’s causing the errors you are seeing. It appears you can turn this behaviour off by disabling the ZeroConf setting in the cameras webpage.

MRMunemo
Getting noticed

Thank you.

MRMunemo
Getting noticed

yes,i have.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

MRMunemo
Getting noticed

Thank you.

MRMunemo
Getting noticed

yes,i have 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.