Scanning API POST URL Monitoring

gabrielgalaz
Conversationalist

Scanning API POST URL Monitoring

Hi,

We have a solution that receive data via the scanning api. We need to monitoring POST URL, Is there a way to monitor it using API dashboard or another way?

So far we can only see the status in the portal, this complicates us because we have more than 50 networks.

regards.

2 REPLIES 2
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

So you want to monitor the server that is configured as the receiver for the scanning API post data? I think you can do it with Meraki Insight by adding a custom application:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MI/MI_Web_App_Health#Adding_Custom_Applications

You need an MX and an Insight license for that though. Also make sure you trial it first to see if it fits your use case before committing.

Apart from that I don't think there is a built-in way to monitor it.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had a lot of grief with the scanning API of late.

There is no way to monitor it from the API side that I am aware of.  All you can do is to make sure that you keep receiving more data.

I've had a couple of nasty ones recently where the scanning API stops sending data.  Deleting the config in the dashboard and putting it in again does not fix it.

The last one took support 2 or 3 months to resolve.  They wont say that they did to fix it.  And now I have another one that it has happended to.

My will is being sucked away.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.