SNMP Community

Solved
dbarr_pxo
Here to help

SNMP Community

Hi All,

I want to configure SNMP community as private on Meraki Mx device. But I just look for on Meraki dashboard and in docs, but I didn't find anything about this particular case choosen between public (ro) or private (rw) community.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at the notes:

Meraki SNMP access only supports get requests, so no changes to the dashboard configuration can be made using SNMP. Meraki uses the read-only community string type. The following are supported when polling the dashboard: GetRequest and GetNextRequest snmp GET methods.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Configuration

The dashboard can be configured for SNMP polling from Organization > Settings > SNMP. Once SNMP has been enabled you will be able to send the SNMP requests to the host that is defined directly under the enable setting. It also defines the community string and provides a sample command to extract information via SNMP requests.

Individual Meraki devices can also be polled locally. In this scenario, the SNMP traffic would stay within the local network and each device would need to be polled from the network management system. These settings can be found under Network-wide > General > Reporting:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/SNMP_Overview_and_C...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

JonP
Getting noticed

I have sunk days into this and cannot get it to work!

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at the notes:

Meraki SNMP access only supports get requests, so no changes to the dashboard configuration can be made using SNMP. Meraki uses the read-only community string type. The following are supported when polling the dashboard: GetRequest and GetNextRequest snmp GET methods.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.