Reboot SM device with API?

DavidO
Conversationalist

Reboot SM device with API?

We're managing a large number of MDM devices with Meraki, and I'd like to be able to reboot them through the API instead of sending our internal reps through the service manager website. I didn't see anything in the API docs that would support this, though there is a reboot for network devices. Am I missing something? It sure seems like this ought to exist.

3 Replies 3
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @DavidO I believe you're talking about when you go in the Meraki Dashboard to Systems Manager > Monitor > Devices and select 1 or multiple checkboxes in the list of clients, and then select "Command" > Reboot... if there is a way to do this via API, and I do no believe that API endpoint is there yet, not today.  This would be a wish (by you) while on that page in Dashboard (so the wish analytics engine correlates the wish better) and would be a Feature Request (submitted by your Cisco Meraki rep) to our internal system.  The API is always growing and being enhanced.  I'll find out if there is already an FR in place and upvote it.  

DavidO
Conversationalist

@MerakiDavethanks for the quick reply. I added that as a wish from the device page, and we'll talk to our rep as well. I guess we'll implement with a scraper for now.

Chris_McCurdy
Here to help

We are looking for the same feature. Either via the Dashboard or via an API. Need to be able to schedule reboots for supervised MDM devices in mass. I made a wish as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.