Python script for create network more then 2000+

Aaron_EOM
Conversationalist

Python script for create network more then 2000+

Hi. i planing make a new network more then 2000+

it has only 1 MX device per in network. 

can anyone help me to make a python script to make new network using information as below 

Network NameAddressMX serailVLANMX IPSubnetSite to Site VPNVPN TypeHub VPNAddress
Network 1111 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101aaaa-aaaa-aaaa15.5.5.1255.255.255.0yesSpokeNetwork 0111 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
Network 2112 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101aaaa-aaaa-aaab16.6.6.1255.255.255.0yesSpokeNetwork 0112 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
Network 3113 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101aaaa-aaaa-aaac17.7.7.1255.255.255.0yesSpokeNetwork 0113 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
Network 4114 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101aaaa-aaaa-aaad18.8.8.1255.255.255.0yesSpokeNetwork 0114 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also check out this collection of network automation scripts:

https://github.com/meraki/automation-scripts 

More than likely, you should be using a template.  Check out this example of deploying an MX into a network bound to a template.

https://github.com/meraki/automation-scripts/blob/master/deployappliance.py 

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Gents,

Be carefull using the template option.... It looks good at the beginning, however iw you want to change specific items, you can not change it.... Then you have to unbind, and create new one

I have a script which create projects sites....Also includes claiming devices etc etc.... Written in python

If you are interested... contact me .. (bit to big to post here 😉 )

Best regards

Ed

Nash
Kind of a big deal

@Edgar-VO wrote:

Gents,

Be carefull using the template option.... It looks good at the beginning, however iw you want to change specific items, you can not change it.... Then you have to unbind, and create new one

I have a script which create projects sites....Also includes claiming devices etc etc.... Written in python

If you are interested... contact me .. (bit to big to post here 😉 )

Best regards

Ed

Just saying, if you've got public code that you'd like to share, there are a few ways to do that easily. Github, Gitlab, hosted on a page of your own. Then once you've got it hosted, you can add it to the Devnet Code Exchange. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>It looks good at the beginning, however iw you want to change specific items, you can not change it

That is the best bit.  Then you can guarantee that all your sites are set up the same,

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Same with using deployment scripts..... 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.