Network Devices Latency Stats

csullmeraki
Here to help

Network Devices Latency Stats

I am trying to access all the data from the NetworkDevicesLatencyStats call using python with the following function:

def getWirelesStats(network_id):
    print("\nMeraki Wireless Settings")
     response  = dashboard.wireless_health.getNetworkDevicesLatencyStats(network_id, timespan=86400)
     a = json.dumps(response)
     b = json.loads(a)
     print(b)

What would be the best way to parse through this to be able to print out the serial, latency stats, and voice/video traffic, etc from a pythonic standpoint? Thanks!

Right now I just get this dump:

{ "serial": "Q2JC-2MJM-FHRD", "latencyStats": { "backgroundTraffic": { "rawDistribution": { "0": 1234, "1": 2345, "2": 3456, "4": 4567, "8": 5678, "16": 6789, "32": 7890, "64": 8901, "128": 9012, "256": 83, "512": 1234, "1024": 2345, "2048": 9999 }, "avg": 606.52 }, "bestEffortTraffic": "same shape as backgroundTraffic", "videoTraffic": "same shape as backgroundTraffic", "voiceTraffic": "same shape as backgroundTraffic" }

1 Reply 1
sungod
Head in the Cloud

you can probably do something like this, not elegant though 🙂  ...

for r in response:   # iterates through all the devices found

print(r['serial'])

ls = r['latencyStats']

bt = ls['backgroundTraffic']

print(bt['avg'])

rd = bt['rawDistribution']

for rdi in ["0", "1", "2", "4", fill in the rest of the indices]:

print(rd['rdi'])

I've just typed this on the fly, obviously you'd want to format the printing properly

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.