Monitoring of meraki MR Ap's

Robel
Comes here often

Monitoring of meraki MR Ap's

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out for assistance with monitoring my Meraki Access Points (APs). Here’s a summary of the issue I’m facing:

Context:

• I’m using Cisco Meraki APs within my network. 
  • the AP's are monitored by meraki 
  • The goal is to monitor the status of these APs and receive real-time alerts when any AP goes down or encounters an issue.
  • I have set up a webhook to send alerts to Microsoft Teams.

Current Setup:

1. Meraki Dashboard Configuration:

• I have configured the Meraki Dashboard and created a webhook to send alerts to a Microsoft Teams channel

Issue: creating the Alert is become so difficult we don't want to use python script and deploy it

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Why don't you just monitor via Zabbix using SNMP?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Our Zabbix server is on a different network that's why we want to use the Meraki's webhook

JasonM
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Robel,

Have you tried using the Microsoft Teams payload template in the webhook configuration in Dashboard? This should remove the need for Python scripting.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/webhooks/microsoft-teams-included/#microsoft-teams

If you have already tried the above without success then more information may be needed about the nature of how it is failing.

Robel
Comes here often

Actually, I have tested that using the team's template, and it is working; but, I am unable to establish an alert for the MR Access points. our aims is to send alerts to teams about the access point status for instance when power is down.

JasonM
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hmm, ok so the "Send test webhook" item is working but not receiving for the actual alert. Just to cover all the bases have you assigned the webhook receiver to the desired alert as a recipient?

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/webhooks/introduction/#assign-alerts

Robel
Comes here often

thank you @JasonM  the webhook works perfectly it sent out the alerts to the teams

Robel_0-1718227132000.png

However, in the alert configuration, the minimum time to wait to send the alert is 5 minutes. Is there a way we can use custom time? I mean, 5 minutes is long. 

Robel_1-1718227335431.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.